No current vacancies
Devops Support Engineer
Date posted: September 2023
Job title: Devops Support Engineer
Reports to: Chief Systems Architect
Main Purpose of Job
To help build, maintain, and improve our DevOpsSec toolsets, support our AWS infrastructure and assist our development teams, for a fast-paced enterprise-level solution for both current project delivery and future enhancements.
Epoq(www.epoq.co.uk) is the UK's foremost provider of online legal services. Insurers and financial service providers use our advanced document automation technology and integrated workflows, alongside telephone legal advice and document review, to deliver legal services to their consumer and business clients. Our suite encompasses 'intelligent' web-based legal documents including wills, employment agreements, and tenancy contracts. Our customers include major brands in the UK and USA, such as MORE TH>N, Allianz, Which?, Thomson Reuters and Mutual of Omaha.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Epoq’s technical teams are based mainly in our head office in Borehamwood. This role, which offers hybrid working, supports the delivery and infrastructure of all our web technology, including the Epoq Legal Engine (ELE) platform, which is the cloud-based delivery platform of our proprietary document automation system, Rapidocs.
Epoq recently completed migration to a new delivery architecture that uses Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools. This role will be our first dedicated Devops engineer, within our small technical teams, and will involve both maintaining our new toolsets, and further extending our ongoing project of automation to support initiatives with focused yet sometimes very complex requirements, utilizing a mix of Windows-based Powershell scripting, Linux Bash, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation and AWS pipelines.
The role also includes supporting our network and infrastructure more broadly across AWS, and helping to ensure the development teams are supported not just with reliable and efficient delivery pipelines, but also with sophisticated observability solutions that support rapid detection and resolution across 40+websites.
The role is a good opportunity to enhance a wide range of skills in a challenging yet friendly environment and help to drive real change across our systems, including a forthcoming project to transform our platform to serverless and microservice architectures.
You must be able to demonstrate responsible and meticulous handling of production systems and sensitive data, and a conscientious approach towards client confidentiality and system security.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Provide support, including troubleshooting, to mission critical systems, in a mixed Windows/Linux environment running on the AWS platform
- Collaborate with technical teams to design, build and maintain effective Devops toolsets
- Automate system deployment, operation and maintenance using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management tools
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines to ensure stability and quality at all stages of the SDLC
- Assess, enhance, and maintain the security posture across network and infrastructure, applying best practice that adheres to our many compliance obligations
- Design implement, and maintain an observability stack with tools and strategies that help to improve system reliability and performance
- Any other duties requested by the Chief Systems Architect
Qualifications & Experience
- Education to degree level; or equivalent experience
- 4 years experience in a commercial Devops/IT environment
- Experience of administration of Windows and Linux Systems, including hardening, especially on the AWS platform
- Experience of maintaining or building solutions on the AWS platform, including networking
- Experience of IaC and Configuration Management tools: Terraform and Ansible
- Knowledge of storage solutions, including SQL, is desirable
- Appreciation of good systems architecture, programming patterns and software design is desirable
- An Agile background, keen to learn and adapt where required
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Team fit is vital
- Ability to work under own initiative and a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Need for excellence and attention to detail
To apply, please send CV to email@example.com with ‘Devops Support Engineer’ in the subject line.
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to process your application for employment, to keep records relating to our recruitment processes and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. We do not keep it for any longer than is necessary. For detail about what personal information we collect from or about you, how we look after that information, about your privacy rights and how the law protects you please read our full privacy notice.