Positions currently available at Epoq Legal Ltd:
- January 2017
- Job Title
- Content lawyer (solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive)
Epoq (www.epoq.co.uk) is the UK's leading provider of online legal services. By utilising cutting-edge document automation technology, integrated workflow systems and content, together with legal advice and document review, we enable banks, insurers and law firms to deliver legal services to their consumer and business clients. Our services include "intelligent" legal documents such as wills, divorce forms, employment agreements and tenancy contracts over the web.
Our customers include major brands such as MORE TH>N, Direct Line, Saga, Allianz, NatWest, Which? and Royal Bank of Scotland. We aim to transform the market for the delivery of legal services, using our technology to 'make law easy'.
Our legal content team is responsible for maintaining over 350 document templates and 800 legal information guides, suitable for consumers and small businesses.
You'll need to make changes to ensure our content is compliant with current legislation and relevant case law, whilst also improving its usability, functionality, and user guidance. You'll need to create new content when needed.
To update and create our document templates, you'll use our bespoke document-automation software. You will need to draft and edit clauses for the most likely scenarios, and then create questions, logic and guidance notes to ensure that the templates can be used in a variety of circumstances.
We seek a qualified solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive. Ideally you'll have at least 5 years' post-qualification experience in general practice, dealing with personal, consumer or small business legal matters. Experience of wills & trusts, commercial agreements or landlord & tenant issues would be an advantage. You are unlikely to be considered if your experience is exclusively any combination of employment, personal injury or conveyancing.
Excellent legal drafting and writing skills are key, as is superb attention to detail. Experience as a professional support lawyer is an advantage, as is experience of explaining complex legal concepts to non-legal audiences in a written format.
The role involves creating the logic that governs how the document automation works, using simple programming. We'll provide training and ongoing support for this. Previous experience of programming is therefore not required, but good IT skills are essential, especially MS Word. An understanding of MS Excel (particularly conditional functions/formulas) would be useful.
How to apply
To apply, send CV and email@example.com with 'Content lawyer' in the subject line.
Applications Specialist & Tester
- March 2017
- Job Title
- Applications Specialist
- Reports To
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Main Purpose of Job
- Ensure all new sites, documents and document functionality are thoroughly tested
- Become a source of in-house-expertise in Epoq's document automation, content authoring and web deployment applications
- Assist with the upkeep, product training, feature specification and support of those products as required
Epoq (www.epoq.co.uk) is the UK's leading provider of online legal services. By utilising cutting edge document automation technology, integrated workflow systems and content, we enable banks, insurers and law firms to deliver legal services to their consumer and business clients. Our online services include "intelligent" legal documents like wills, divorce, employment agreements and tenancy contracts over the web.
Our customers include the likes of MORE TH>N, Direct Line, Saga, Allianz, AXA, Which? and Royal Bank of Scotland. We aim to transform the market for the delivery of legal services, using our technology to make law easy.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Continually test all new sites, documents and document functionality built on Epoq proprietary systems in line with priorities assigned by the CTO, and in liaison with the Head of Content
- Control the release of new documents and related document functionality generated by our Content and Development teams through to live environments
- Perform timely quality assurance testing on Epoq's document systems, in line with weekly development cycles and ongoing feature development
- Continually monitor and identify areas for improvement in stability, appearance and functionality across the full suite of Epoq documents and sites
- Document any deviation from expected behaviour (bugs)
- Help to design, maintain and document test plans and methodology for all of Epoq's Quality Assurance processes for the entire product lifecycle
- Ensure prompt escalation of all risks and issues
- Provide regular progress reports on work to the CTO, Head of Content and project managers in respect of testing work being undertaken, and project status generally
- Assist with covering the duties of other Applications Specialists in related areas, as required
- As required, assist with the product configurations and upkeep of data that controls the user experience on Epoq systems
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the Development Team, Content Team, Project Managers and others in the company
- Complete system data entry as required
- Assist with any other duties as requested from time to time by the CTO
Qualifications and Experience
Technical Skill Set
- Strong interest in technical problem solving (essential)
- Keen interest in document and web technologies (essential)
- Experience of technical communication in client-facing environments (desirable)
- Familiarity with defect tracking software such as JIRA or QTP (desirable)
- Working knowledge of QA methodologies - Functional, Regression, Black box, UAT, Integration and Exploratory testing (desirable)
- Understanding of working on development projects in an Agile/Scrum environment (desirable)
Key Attributes & Competencies
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (essential)
- Good at problem solving
- Interest in software and software development
- Good team skills - ability to collaborate with people at different levels of the company
- Ability to work under own initiative
Ideal Education & Experience
- Previous experience of testing websites and software (desirable)
- Understanding of CMS solutions incorporating HTML and CSS (desirable)
- Knowledge of formal industry-standard practices for software verification, validation and change management across a full product lifecycle (desirable)
- Experience of working in a team (desirable)
- Experience of version control systems and practices (desirable)
- Appreciation of document automation technology (desirable)
How to apply
To apply, send CV and current package details to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Applications Specialist/Tester' in the subject line.