Document automation technology solutions
Epoq has been at the forefront of legal document technology for over a decade.
We offer a range of solutions based on a suite of components that facilitate the complete end-to-end delivery of legal document services to online users.
Document automation (also known as document assembly) is the process used to speed up the creation of documents through the use of flexible and dynamic templates. These templates contain all the clauses and text necessary to compile a particular document, which will be invoked during the drafting process according to the rules and logic of the template.
Epoq has been at the forefront of the document automation revolution since 1997, when we launched Rapidocs®, our proprietary document automation system, which has become one of the most sophisticated and intuitive solutions available.
Rapidocs® is unique in that it was developed with the novice in mind -consumers with no legal training or understanding are using it on a daily basis to make Wills, fill out divorce forms or draft employment agreements and numerous other complex documents.
Rapidocs® includes context-sensitive help and advice, so users can be guided through the more complex parts of a document in the most appropriate manner, whilst always having detailed document notes to fall back on should they require them.
Key features & benefits
- Easy to complete interactive questionnaire
- Significantly reduces the time required to create documents
- Improves the accuracy and consistency of the finished draft
- Lowers costs of document creation and delivery
- Simplicity of the process means that documents can be drafted by individuals with no specialist training or knowledge
Website platforms & workflow
Epoq's web platforms provide the functionality to enable the hosting of fully transactional web services offerinf a wide range of consumer and commercial legal products.
Key features & benefits
- A complete shopping basket process to enable online payments
- Back-office function which facilitates the interaction between customers and legal teams for the review, ammendment and approval of legal documents
- Ability to brand sites using corporate logo(s), icons and colour palette
- Legal compliance professionally handled throughout the customer journey (terms of engagement with law firms, for example)
- Web platforms are based on a Software as a Service (Saas) model, with the customer's documents and data being saved securely in the Epoq "cloud"
Content Management System
The Epoq Legal Engine (ELE) is our own database and Content Management System (CMS) specifically designed for the setup and management of websites that offer document-drafting capability through Rapidocs®.
Sites built using ELE can be extensively customised to match the legal service provider's own brand, and every user of an ELE site has access to their own dedicated and branded 'page' where they can track the progress of their matter.
Legal service providers can manage their clients' matters securely through a dedicated customer contact application: the Epoq Legal Contact Centre System (ELCCS), which gives them all the tools they need to track and progress client matters and to communicate securely with them via the web.
Functions & facilities include:
- Tiered pricing and service levels
- Automated legal review mechanism
- Full ecommerce and online payment
- Legal compliance with regulated procedures (such as the provision of engagement terms)
- Groups schemes and discount vouchers•Subscription services
The ELE API is a modern REST-based interface with a simple, common-sense instruction set ('Get', 'Put', 'Create', 'Update’).
It connects via https (essentially via a private web connection) and includes multiple security features and allows complete programmatic access to all aspects of an ELE system, including control of users, documents and templates.
The ELE API can be used to automatically populate a document with data from another source, allowing for the 'pre-completion' of a document.
It can also be used to add custom features or functionality to a standard ELE site, such as running Epoq services via an entirely separate interface, data mining documents for data to help tailor the customer experience, or creating reports.